Baked beans

Sunday, December 7, 2008

My baked beans can be made according to how many people you are feeding. One batch feeds two and just multiply from there.

What you'll need:

1 can of pork & beans
1/2 cup of brown sugar
onion powder (I’m allergic to onions but you can add fresh onions instead if you like them)
about 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled

Mix it all up in a pan you can put on the barbeque pit. I use a Pyrex baking dish for mine. Cover it in foil and let it sit on the barbeque pit about 20 minutes. Be careful when you take them off, it’s very hot! Or you can bake them in the oven @ 350 degrees for the same amount of time. That’s it! You’re done and it tastes great with only about 5 minutes of work!

Cost:
pork & beans - $0.33/can
brown sugar - $1.89/ 2 pound bag
onion - $1.12
bacon - $2.29/ 1 pound package
Total - $2.48

This recipe was originally published on Happy At Home on 10/20/2008

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...