Bumpkins okra fritters

Monday, December 8, 2008

What you’ll need:

6oz.thin sliced okra
½ c minced white onion
½ c diced green bell peppers ½ c minced drained tomatoes
½ c self-rising flour
½ c yellow cornmeal
3 eggs beaten
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
vegetable oil for frying

In a bowl mix okra, onion, bell pepper, and tomato. Add flour and cornmeal, tossing to coat evenly. Stir in eggs and salt & pepper. Mix well until it thickens! Working in batches drop by tablespoons in hot oil, turning once, until golden brown. I keep them in the oven to stay warm until they’re all done and serve at once. I think I will add some diced jalapenos next time! Yum and enjoy!

Cost:
okra - $3.99/lb
onion - $1.12
bell pepper - $0.90
tomato - $1.00
flour - $2.12/5 pound bag
cornmeal - $3.12/5 pound bag
Total - $6.21

Submitted by Brittany Farmer

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...