Coconut macaroons

Friday, December 19, 2008






I made these today as part of a Christmas cookie box that I’m sending to family. They turned out so good!


What you’ll need:

2 egg whites
1 dash of salt
¼ tsp vanilla
2/3 c sugar
1 ½ c shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Beat egg whites, salt and vanilla until soft peaks form.










Gradually add sugar, beating until it’s very stiff and glossy.










Fold in the coconut.









Drop by rounded teaspoon about 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.








Bake for about 20 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Makes about 24 cookies.










Cost:
eggs - $1.09/ dozen
vanilla - $2.25
sugar - $1.99/4 lb bag
shredded coconut - $2.25/bag
Total - $1.62

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...