Fair day kettle corn

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I love kettle corn and any chance that I get to have it fresh it’s even better! This recipe tastes like authentic kettle corn that I’ve gotten at fairs.

What you’ll need:

¼ c oil
¼ c sugar
½ c unpopped popcorn kernels

Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the sugar and the popcorn. Cover and shake the pot constantly to keep the sugar from burning. Once the popping has slowed to once every 2 - 3 seconds, remove from heat but continue to shake until the popping has stopped. Pour into a large bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes, stirring occasionally to break up large clumps.

Cost:
popcorn - $1.00
sugar - $1.99/4 lb bag
Total - $0.34

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...