Green bean casserole

Sunday, December 14, 2008


I thought since I was posting all my holiday recipes I better not forget the green bean casserole. I can’t remember a holiday dinner without it growing up.

What you’ll need:

2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 c milk
2 tsp soy sauce
¼ tsp pepper
4 cans green beans, drained
1 can French fried onions

Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper and beans plus 1 1/3 c of the French fried onions together in a casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until hot all the way through. Stir. Top with remaining onions. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.

Variations: Add ½ c toasted sliced almonds to the topping. Add 4 slices of cooked crumbled bacon to the green bean mixture.

Cost:
cream of mushroom soup - $0.89
milk - $3.99/gallon
soy sauce $1.89
green beans - $1.09
French fried onions - $1.59
Total -$8.30

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...