Hazel's simple coleslaw

Monday, December 8, 2008

Tim is a funny eater. He loves coleslaw but only his mother’s. I’ve tried to get him to eat other coleslaw but it never works. I finally broke down and got his mother’s recipe. It’s so simple I couldn’t believe it! And I’m happy to say I was told I made it perfectly! =)

What you’ll need:

½ head raw cabbage
2 Tbl apple cider vinegar
2 Tbl mayonnaise
Salt & pepper to taste

I shred everything by hand but if you have a food processor you can use it. I have a side to my grater that looks like little stars, that’s the side I use for this recipe. Grate up the cabbage super fine. Stir in the remaining ingredients and refrigerate for at least an hour.

Cost:
cabbage - $2.00
vinegar - $1.19
mayonnaise - $2.50
Total - $1.18

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...