Hot toddy’s

Monday, December 15, 2008

I’m sure the people my age remember grandma making you a hot toddy when you were sick but they are very good drinks even when you’re perfectly well! This makes a big batch so I thought I would include it with my other holiday party recipes. As with all my drinks you can leave the alcohol out for the kids and non drinkers and it won't affect the taste too badly or try my Hot apple cider.

What you’ll need:

8 c apple cider
2 whole lemons, wedged
1 c brandy
3 Tbl honey
3 cinnamon sticks
3 cloves

Mix everything together in a big pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Let sit one minute. Serve with additional lemon wedges in each cup. Makes about 10 cups.

Cost:
apple cider - $2.85
lemons - $1.99/4
brandy - $8.00
honey - $1.12
cinnamon sticks - $1.85
cloves - $1.12
Total - $16.93/$1.69 per cup

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...