Our sloppy joes

Sunday, December 7, 2008

I came up with this recipe when my middle daughter was 2 and she freaked out at her Aunt’s house after we tried to feed her “Manwich” I tried to convince her that sloppy joes were good but she didn’t want any part of it. So out of dinner ideas one night I threw this together and she loved it! And our sloppy joes were born…

What you’ll need:

1 lb ground beef
Season salt
Ketchup
Yellow mustard
A-1
Barbeque sauce
Sliced cheese
Bread or hamburger buns

Brown the ground beef, drain and return to pan. Season. Add a healthy amount of ketchup, about a tablespoon of mustard and A-1, and ¼ cup of barbeque sauce. Heat through. Serve on bread or hamburger buns with sliced cheese.

Cost:
ground beef - $2.00/lb
ketchup - $1.89/big bottle
mustard - $0.79
A-1 - $1.89/small bottle
barbeque sauce - $1.50/bottle
sliced cheese - $3.12
hamburger buns - $0.79
Total - $6.52

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...