Sausage balls

Monday, December 8, 2008

I never tried these until I moved to Alabama. They are a traditional staple at any holiday/party. I made these myself for the first time last week. It’s definitely easy, but rolling each ball is time consuming.

What you’ll need:

1Lb Hot pork sausage (if you're worried about the hot part, it really gets toned down by the rest of the ingredients)
4 oz (or half a pack) shredded cheese *or use a block and shred it yourself to cut costs!!*
3 cups Bisquick *or generic biscuit mix*

Mix ingredients in large bowl. Add a little water if needed. Roll into marble sized balls *they WILL expand a little* Bake on greased cookie sheet @ 325 for 15-20 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen.

Cost:
pork sausage - $1.89
shredded cheese - cheddar - $1.50
biscuit mix - $3.00
Total - $2.94

Submitted by LeAnn Harris

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...