Simple shepherds pie

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Somebody asked for a shepherd pie recipe the other day so I thought I’d post mine. It’s pretty simple and very filling.

What you’ll need:

1 lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can mixed vegetables
4 c mashed potatoes, prepared
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbl garlic salt

Brown ground beef, drain and return to pan. Add onion and cook until it’s transparent. Add soup, veggies and garlic and mix well. Pour into a casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes on top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Feeds 6.

Tip: You can use any mashed potatoes you’d like with this recipe. Instant, leftover or fresh. It’s up to you. It doesn’t change the taste. I have discovered that it takes more ‘real’ mashed potatoes to cover the top. I’m not sure why but I thought I’d mention it.

Cost:
ground beef - $2.00/lb
cream of mushroom soup - $0.89
mixed vegetables, canned - $1.09
potatoes - $2.00/5 lb bag
shredded cheese - cheddar - $1.50
onion - $1.12
Total - $6.60

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...