S.O.S.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

No, I’m not calling for help… I grew up military and my mother call this Stuff On a Shingle (I’m sure you can figure out that Stuff was not the word she used). I couldn’t wait to call it by it’s real name, but then I had kids so now I just call it S.O.S.

What you’ll need:

1 lb ground beef
2 Tbl butter
About ¼ c flour
About 1 ½ c milk
Pepper

Brown ground beef, drain and set aside. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. With a wire whisk, stir in enough flour to form a paste. Stir in milk until everything is combined. Stir meat in. Add pepper to taste. Continue cooking, stirring often, until gravy is thickened. Serve over biscuits or toasted bread.

Cost:
ground beef - $2.00/lb
butter - $1.75/pound
flour - $2.12/5 pound bag
milk - $3.99/gallon
canned biscuits - $1.09/4 pack
Total - $2.62

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...