Spaghetti & meatballs

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I’ve just recently started making spaghetti and meatballs again instead of spaghetti with meat sauce. I’d forgotten how much I liked meatballs.

What you’ll need:

1 lb ground beef
2 (15oz) cans tomato sauce
1 (6oz) can tomato paste
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder
Spaghetti noodles

Cook the noodles. I’ve heard people say their noodles were done when they stuck to a wall or something like that… I just bite mine. When they feel right to my bite they’re done. While your noodles are cooking, mix several tablespoons of Italian seasoning into your meat. Mix it good! Roll golf ball sized balls of meat and place in a skillet. Cook over medium high heat, turning often until cooked through. Drain the grease out of the skillet and add the tomato sauce, paste and 2 teaspoons of garlic powder into the pan with your meatballs. Let simmer while the noodles are finishing. Serve with garlic bread.

Cost:
ground beef - $2.00/lb
tomato sauce - $0.33/can
tomato paste - $0.49/can
Italian seasoning - $2.89
spaghetti noodles - $0.89
garlic bread - $1.50
Total - $8.10

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...