The world's best meatloaf

Sunday, December 7, 2008

I know everyone that can cook claims to have the best recipe on the planet for their favorite dish. Well I can tell you MY meatloaf recipe IS the best recipe for meatloaf on the planet. Maybe on all the planets… I haven’t tried them ALL..

What you'll need:

1 lb ground beef
garlic powder
onion powder
season salt
1 large egg
about ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
2 slices of bread, crumbled

Mix everything up together a LOT then press it into an 8x8 pan and bake it @ 350 degrees for about half an hour. I usually make some brown gravy to go with it, the store brand that you mix with water is great. Make some biscuits and open up a can of corn, maybe some mashed potatoes…yum that’s a meal now!

Cost:
ground beef - $2.00/lb
shredded cheese - cheddar - $1.50
eggs - $1.09/ dozen
brown gravy mix - $0.29
Total - $4.88

This recipe was originally published on Happy At Home on 10/22/2008

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...