Chocolate surprise truffles

Monday, January 19, 2009

As I've told you before, I get some of my favorite recipes off of the backs of boxes, bags, cans and jars. I first found this recipe on the back of a cocoa container and then I found it again on the Hershey's website. I just love these truffles. They’re rich and delicious and have a surprise center! I think you’ll love them too!

What you’ll need:

½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 ½ cups powdered sugar
½ cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
¼ cup whipping cream
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Centers: After-dinner mints, whole candied cherries, whole almonds, pecan or walnut halves
Coating: Powdered sugar, MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes or chopped nuts

Beat butter in large bowl until creamy. Stir together powdered sugar and cocoa; add to butter mixture alternately with whipping cream and vanilla, blending well. Refrigerate until firm. Shape small amount of mixture around desired center; roll into 1-inch balls. Drop into desired coating, turning until well covered. Refrigerate until firm. Makes about 3 dozen truffles.

Variation: Add ½ teaspoon rum extract, decrease vanilla to 1 teaspoon.

Cost:
butter - $1.75/pound
powdered sugar - $1.69
cocoa - $1.69
whipping cream - $1.49
vanilla - $2.25
cherries - $1.12
Total - $3.89

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...