Traditional chef salad

Monday, January 5, 2009

This is one of my favorite salads. It’s very simple but I thought I would write it down for you anyway.

What you’ll need:

Salad greens (whatever kind you like. I prefer good old iceberg)
Green onion, chopped fine
Celery, chopped fine
Bacon bits (fresh or canned. If you use fresh, cool slightly before mixing with salad greens)
Swiss cheese, sliced in julienne strips
Cheddar cheese, sliced in julienne strips
Ham, sliced in julienne strips
Turkey, sliced in julienne strips
Hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced in half
Cherry tomatoes

Wash and tear lettuce into bite sized pieces. In a large bowl, mix together salad greens, onion, celery and bacon. Top with remaining ingredients and whatever dressing you prefer.

Cost:
lettuce - $0.89/head
onion - $1.12
celery - $0.99
bacon - $2.29/ 1 pound package
Swiss cheese - $4.50/block
cheddar cheese - $3.12/block
cooked ham - $2.12/lb
turkey - $2.89/lb
eggs - $1.09/ dozen
cherry tomatoes - $2.25
Total - approximately $3.55 per salad

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...