Easy Succotash

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Using fresh ingredients in this recipe makes all the difference.

What you’ll need:

2 c (about 1 lb) fresh lima beans
4 c (about 8 ears) fresh corn, cut from cob
3 Tbl butter
½ c whipping cream
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Bring a heavy saucepan filled with salted water to a boil. Add beans and boil about 15 minutes or until almost tender; drain and return to pan. Mix in remaining ingredients and stir well. Reduce heat to low and cook and stir about 10 minutes or until corn is tender. Serves 6.

Cost:
lima beans - $2.85/lb
corn - $1.99
butter - $1.75/pound
whipping cream - $1.49
Total - $7.85

1 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Coco said...

I have never eaten Succotash. I always wondered what it was. Does that mean I have lived a sheltered life?

Coco

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...