Cheaters cherry brownies

Monday, March 30, 2009

I had a major chocolate craving Saturday night. And a major cherry craving...I decided to combine the two and you wouldn't believe how good it was! My made up recipe is super easy too (would I have it any other way?)





What you'll need:

1 pkg brownie mix + egg, oil and water to make them
1/2 can cherry pie filling (I used the other half the can to top pancakes. Just make sure you refrigerate the leftovers after opening the can)

Oh, here's the ingredients for my cherry brownies (I was a little lax in my picture taking because I was so consumed with the need to eat them!):

Mix brownies according to package directions. Spread in an 8 x 8 inch pan. Drop pie filling around the top of the brownies using a tablespoon. Take a butter knife and draw lines first across the pan one way and then across the other way to marble the cherries into the brownies. Bake @ 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until brownies are cooked through.

They're delicious!!!

Cost:
brownie mix - $1.09
pie filling - $1.99
eggs - $1.09/ dozen
Total - $2.18

2 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

sherri said...

How simple and delicious!

Cynthia said...

If I see cherries in a post I am right there. I love cherries and this looks so delicious. I think I'll have a piece right now. LOL, Cindy

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...