Country Scalloped Potatoes

Monday, March 2, 2009



From: Campbell's Kitchen
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stand: 10 minutes
Serves: 6


What you'll need:

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Celery Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Chicken Gravy
1 cup milk
5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
1 small onion, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
2 1/2 cups diced cooked ham
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)

Stir the soup, gravy and milk in a small bowl. Layer half the potatoes, onion, ham and soup mixture in 3-quart shallow baking dish. Repeat the layers. Cover the baking dish.

Bake at 375°F. for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 25 minutes. Top with the cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes.

Cost*:
cream of celery soup - $1.19
gravy - $1.49/jar
milk - $3.99/gallon
potatoes - $2.00/5 lb bag
onion - $1.12
cooked ham - $2.12/lb
shredded cheese - cheddar - $1.50
Total - $7.69

*As usual, I use generic products and the cost is based on those prices.

3 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

sherri said...

Scalloped potatoes has alsways been one of my favorite recipes!
This one sounds great and easiet than the one I use- I'll give it a try!

sherri said...

Hey! WOuld you be willing to share a post one day on my Everything In Moderation site anytime from now until March 16 giving your favorite Irish (or green) recipe?

Tell a little about its origin, your site and maybe you'll get lucky and pick up a few extra visitors!

I LOVE YOUR SITE!

Email me your post.
asmurphy@clearwave.com

SCREAMING FOR CHOCOLATE said...

Oh Wow...This sounds so good. Yum. Sounds more like a full meal than a side.

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...