Pork and rice skillet supper

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I like this best with orange but the apricot is very good too.

What you'll need:

4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick each
3 cups chicken stock
3/4 cup apricot preserves OR orange marmalade
1 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
2 cups uncooked INSTANT white rice

Cook the pork in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned on both sides. Remove from pan. Stir the stock, preserves and mustard in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the rice. Return the pork to the skillet. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the pork is cooked through and the rice is tender. Serves 4.

Cost:
pork chops/strips - $3.50
bouillon cubes - $1.89/jar of 20
marmalade - $2.12
rice - $2.12
Total - $6.01

2 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

sherri said...

I think this is supper tonight.
thanks.

Leslie Lyons said...

This sound absolutely scrumptious! I love pork dishes!

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...