Shortcut Key lime pie

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You can use already prepared pudding for this recipe (such as Kozy Shack Key Lime Pudding & Pie Filling) but I always use the instant, powdered pudding mix. It sets up fast and I'm just picky enough to want to have made it myself :)

What you'll need:

1 pie shell
1 large or 2 small box(es) Key lime pudding mix and milk to prepare it
1/2 c whipped topping
lime slices, if desired

Prepare pudding as directed on package for PIE; set aside. Prepare shell and allow to cool (you can use a graham cracker or cookie crumb pie shell if desired. Skip this step if you do.) Whisk together prepared pudding and whipped topping until mixed well. Pour mixture into pie shell and spread evenly. Place in freezer for 3 hours. Let sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving. Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a lime slice if desired.

Cost:
pie shell - $2.00
pudding - $0.49/ box
milk - $3.99/gallon
whipped topping - $0.99
limes - $1.99/4
Total - $4.00

4 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

sherri said...

How easy can that be?

Sounds really good.

Wendy said...

Wow, wow, wow. Kathy, I *LOVE* your new design!

Aaydens Mommy said...

I LOVE Key Lime Pie, and this sounds so easy to make. I just might have to try this one too! Thanks for posting all of these great recipes for us.

Tessa said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ruth

http://besttoddler.com

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...