Simple salmon patties

Saturday, March 21, 2009

My friend Cindie and I were talking about salmon patties today. My recipe versus her recipe. (Her's sounds delicious by the way, and I'm going to try to get her to give it to me so I can share it with y'all!) So I thought I'd go ahead and post mine :) Just so you know, I should be having some authentic Alaskan recipes coming in about a month and can't wait to share them with you! Anyway, back to the salmon patties...


What you'll need:

1 (15 1/2 oz.) can salmon, drained & flaked
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c. buttermilk
1/3 c. finely chopped onion
1/3 c. cornmeal or dry bread crumbs
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 tsp. baking soda
Vegetable oil to fry in

Mix all ingredients well. Shape into 6 patties. Heat just enough oil to cover the patties in a cast iron or other heavy skillet. Fry patties, turning once, 10 minutes or until lightly browned; drain. Makes 6 patties.

Cost:
canned salmon - $2.12
eggs - $1.09/ dozen
buttermilk - $1.99
onion - $1.12
bread crumbs - $1.12
Total - $4.67

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...