Crispy sweet potato wedges

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

You can make these potato wedges with or without the skin. It’s all a matter of personal taste. I like them with the skin.

What you’ll need:

4 medium sweet potatoes, cut into large, thick wedges*
1 Tbl vegetable oil
¼ tsp pepper
1/8 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp paprika

Place wedges in a large bowl. Cover with cold water and let stand 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Drain potato wedges and spread on a double layer of paper towels. Press another double layer of paper towels on the top to dry them. Place them in a dry bowl and toss with oil, salt & pepper. Arrange in a single layer on prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. Using a spatula, turn potato wedges over and sprinkle with garlic and paprika. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes, turning the pan once about halfway through baking. Serve immediately. Feeds 4.

*To make with russet potatoes, omit paprika.

Cost:
sweet potatoes - $1.99/lb
vegetable oil - $2.89
garlic cloves - $1.12
Total - $5.39

3 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Coco said...

Yum. I am so glad you are back. I missed you so much.

sherri said...

I'll try these- they sound delicious!

from my motorhome to yours said...

we make these all the time we like the better than potatoes

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...