French Quarter Sauce (for shrimp)

Friday, December 4, 2009

Most of you know that I am a huge fan of seafood. Specifically, I'm a huge fan of shrimp. Especially boiled shrimp! This recipe is made just for boiled shrimp. It makes about 1/4 cup of sauce.

What you'll need:

2 Tbl cider vinegar
6 Tbl olive oil
3 Tbl Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
6 anchovy fillets, mashed to a pulp
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbl finely chopped parsley
1 Tbl finely chopped chives
1 hard boiled egg, minced well

Mix all ingredients well and chill thoroughly. Serve over chilled, shelled and deveined boiled shrimp.

Cost:
vinegar - $0.92
oil - $2.28
mustard - $1.28
garlic cloves - $1.12/lb
anchovy fillets - $1.38/can
eggs (18 count) -$1.47
Total - $2.47

1 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Doris Sturm said...

Thanks for the link to the drawing. I entered it. I hope you're having a good day today and staying warm.

It's finally getting cold here.

Kind Wishes,
Doris

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...