Blender butter

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I enjoy making things from "scratch" and make 99% of my meals that way. This recipe for blender butter I don't make often but it is fun to make for a dinner party so that you can show off a little :)

What you'll need:
  • 1 c heavy cream
  • 1/2 c cold water
  • 1 ice cube
Pour the cream into blender and blend on high for 15 seconds or until the cream is whipped (just begins to thicken around the blades). Add the water and ice cube and blend on high for 2 minutes. Spoon the butter off the top into a very small holed sieve or a paper cup with a few holes punched into the bottom of it. Knead smooth with a wooden spoon to extract the liquid inside. Put butter onto a dish or in a bowl and serve. Keep refrigerated if not using immediately. Makes about 3/4 cup of sweet butter.

Cost:
cream – $1.12
Total - $1.12

2 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Chris said...

mmmmmm Butter.

Mary said...

I'm going to experiment with this. It sounds like it could be a fun project for my grandsons.

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...