Texas mac & cheese

Saturday, February 20, 2010

I call this recipe a side dish but if you double it it can be a main dish.

What you'll need:
  • 2 c macaroni noodles
  • 2 Tbl butter
  • 1 1/2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1 can Rotel tomatoes
Cook the macaroni until tender. Drain and toss with butter. Stir in the cheese and Rotel. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and light brown. Serve hot. Feeds 4.


Cost:
elbow macaroni - $1.75
butter - $2.38
shredded cheddar - $1.98
Rotel tomatoes - $2.12
Total - $5.34 

2 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Mary said...

What a great quick recipe. Thanks for sharing it with us. Have a great weekend.

Chris said...

Rotel always puts a smile on my face!

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...