What you'll need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- QUICK COOKIE GLAZE (recipe follows)
- HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates or HERSHEY'S HUGS Brand Candies
1. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Divide dough in half; place each half on separate sheet of wax paper.
2. Shape each half into log with squared sides, about 7 inches long and 2-1/4 inches wide. Wrap each log in wax paper or plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, at least 8 hours.
3. Heat oven to 325°F. Cut logs into 3/8-inch thick slices. Place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 15 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces.
5. Prepare QUICK COOKIE GLAZE; drizzle cookies. Immediately place a chocolate piece on each cookie. About 3 dozen cookies.
QUICK COOKIE GLAZE: Stir together 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 3 to 4 teaspoons milk, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and 3 or 4 drops green food color, if desired, in small bowl until of drizzling consistency.
butter - $2.38
sugar - $2.42
eggs (18 count) -$1.47
vanilla (2 oz) - $1.96
all purpose flour - $1.25
cocoa - $2.84
baking powder - $1.14
powdered sugar - $1.67
milk - $1.78/gallon
Hershey’s kisses - $3.15/bagTotal - $5.30