Bunny eggs

Saturday, March 27, 2010


This recipe came from my H-E-B newsletter and I just thought they were so darn cute that I couldn't pass up posting them as an Easter recipe!

What you'll need:
  • 8 hard boiled eggs
  • 1 Tbl mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbl mustard
  • 2 Tbl pickle relish
  • 1 Tbl chopped parsley
  • 2 pimento stuffed green olives, sliced into circles for bunny eyes
  • 1/4 c carrot matchsticks for bunny whiskers and nose
  • 1/4 c red bell pepper triangles for bunny ears
Peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise like you do for deviled eggs. Place yolks in a bowl and whites on a serving plate. Add mayonnaise, mustard, relish, parsley and salt and pepper to taste to bowl of yolks and mash and stir until well mixed. Stuff egg whites with mixture either with a spoon or by filling a pastry bag or plastic baggie with the end cut off and piping it in. Decorate as seen in picture with remaining ingredients. 


Cost:
eggs (18 count) -$1.47
mayonnaise - $3.12
mustard - $1.28
relish - $1.99
olives - $2.25
carrots - $1.19
bell pepper – $0.90
Total - $3.13

3 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Mary said...

These are too cute for words. You have an amazing ability to find unique things. Have a great day.

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, my gosh, I'll have to try these, Kathy - if you made the ears just a tiny bit shorter, they could also double for kitty eggs. I LOVE deviled eggs! Thanks!
Have a great day, oh, ye wise one ;-)

Doris

Chris said...

Those are too cute. But just 'cause they're cute, won't keep them from being eaten in my house;)

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...