Egg-Ceptional Easter cookies

Friday, March 19, 2010


I first got this recipe off the back of a Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Morsels package and made them a few years ago. I got to thinking about Easter and cookies and they just popped in my head! I dug through all my recipes but couldn't find it. I was so disappointed. But then, thanks to the wonderful internet, I found the recipe on Nestle's site and am able to share it with you today!

What you'll need:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
  • 1 container or more prepared vanilla frosting
  • 2 or more food coloring choices
 Preheat oven to 350°F.

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup morsels. Press enough dough into greased and floured tablespoon to make slightly rounded. Invert onto ungreased baking sheets. Continue with remaining dough.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or just until golden around edges. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.

To color frosting:

Stir food coloring into small amounts of frosting until desired color. For deep colored frosting, use paste colors available in cake decorating shops.

To pipe frosting:

Use pastry bag fitted with small, plain or fluted tip, heavy-duty plastic bag with tiny corner snipped off or plastic squeeze bottle with small tip.

To decorate cookies:

Frost tops with white or colored frosting. Decorate as desired with remaining morsels, piped frosting and colored sugars.

Makes 2 dozen cookies.

Cost:
all purpose flour - $1.25
baking powder - $1.14
sugar - $2.42
butter - $2.38
vanilla (2 oz) - $1.96
eggs (18 count) -$1.47
chocolate chips - $1.97
frosting - $1.29
Total - $5.83

2 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Mary said...

This is another recipe my younger grandsons are going to love. Thanks for getting it to us in a timely manner. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Beth said...

The cookies look so beautiful! What fun! My grandson reminded me today that we need to have an Easter egg hunt soon...
Take care and God bless, Beth

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...