Horseradish mashed potatoes

Friday, March 26, 2010

My friend Joni sent me a subscription to Bon Appetit and I got my first issue the day before yesterday. I was planning on making mashed potatoes with supper and then saw this recipe in the magazine. I'm a sucker for horseradish! If you are too then you'll love this!

What you'll need:
  • 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 lbs medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
  • 3 - 4 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 Tbl prepared white horseradish
Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add 3 Tbl of the olive oil and mash until potatoes are smooth, adding more olive oil (up to 1 Tbl) and reserved liquid 1/4 cup at a time to moisten potatoes to desired consistency. Mix in horseradish and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serves 6.

Cost:
potatoes - $2.84/5 lb bag
horseradish - $2.26/jar
Total - $1.98

5 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Joni said...

Oh Yum. I LOVE horseradish. I will have to try this when I am off my diet of no carbs.

Mary said...

These would be wonderful with rib roast. I can taste them now :-).

Chris said...

Wow, those would go perfect with some thin sliced roast beef. YUM

Kathleen said...

Oh my these sound delicious!!1

Doris Sturm said...

Wow! Now THAT sounds fantastic to me. I love horseradish too...mashed potatoes with a kick. I will try that one for sure!
Thanks, Kathy :-)
Doris

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...