Lucky Charms® Cupcakes

Friday, March 12, 2010

With St. Patrick's Day coming up on March 17th, I thought I'd share some fun St. Patty's Day recipes with you over the next week. Today's recipe came from Betty Crocker and is very simple and so cute!

 
What you'll need:
  • 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow or devil's food cake mix
  • Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
  • 1 container (1 lb) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
  • 3 cups Lucky Charms® cereal
  • Green edible glitter
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes, using water, oil and eggs. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

2. Frost cupcakes with frosting. Top each cupcake with 2 tablespoons cereal; sprinkle with glitter.


Cost:
cake mix - $1.29
vegetable oil (regular) - $2.28
eggs (18 count) -$1.47
frosting - $1.29
cereal - $2.28
edible glitter - $1.89
Total - $3.79

6 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Beth said...

Those are so cute! Easy to make, too!

Mary said...

These are really sweet. I think I'll make a batch for the neighbor's children. I know they'll have fun with them. Have a great weekend...Mary

Chris said...

I can't believe I'm the first to say, "Those look magically delicious!"

I'll have to make some of these for my folks at work this week, too cute.

The Muse said...

the man:) lol is making meatballs for the wedding reception :)

we are having apple butter hamburgers...come join us :)

ps that cabinet...i'm hoping...will be a sort of weathered buttercreme...
with a french blue insets...
perhaps...just perhaps a few roosters...we shall see...

LOL :)

have a great weekend!

The Muse said...

loving these cupcakes...i bet my grandkids sure would!

Doris Sturm said...

They are adorable - maybe I'll make a batch for my neighborhood kids ;-)

Thanks!

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...