Puppy chow

Monday, March 8, 2010

Noooo, I'm not giving you a recipe for dog food :) Your kids will love this!

What you'll need:
  • 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
  • 1 regular sized box (16 oz) Crispix cereal
  • 1/2 c butter
  • 1 c peanut butter
  • 2 c chocolate chips
Pour sugar into a large paper bag and set aside. Place the cereal in a large bowl and set aside. Melt the butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Pour immediately over the cereal and mix lightly with a wooden spoon. Dump the mixture into the bag of sugar and SHAKE LIKE CRAZY! That part can be really fun :) Pour out onto a cookie sheet and allow to cool. Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in an airtight container or Ziplock baggie. Makes about 1 pound of "candy".

Cost:
powdered sugar - $1.67
cereal - $2.28
butter - $2.38
peanut butter - $1.94
chocolate chips - $1.97
Total - $6.10

4 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

CelticDragonfly said...

sounds yummy but Torrie couldn't have any she is allergic to peanut butter

Mary said...

I've sent this on to my daughters who have very hungry puppies. Have a great day...Mary

Chris said...

My kids do love this! It's my 21 y/o son's favorite snack and about the only recipe he knows how to make. (But in my defense, the 10 y/o can cook circles around him.)

Mary, CookEatShare Author Support said...

I’d like to personally invite you to join the CookEatShare Author network. CookEatShare has had over 2.5 million unique visitors in 2009, and I think they will be interested in your content. Users will be guided to your actual blog, so this is a free way to increase page views and visitors to your site.

Please visit http://cookeatshare.com/blogs/apply for additional information or contact me at mary@cookeatshare.com for more information, to get unique link to claim and customize your profile.

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...