Roasted chicken

Friday, March 5, 2010

This recipe is more for the rub than the chicken :)

What you'll need:
  • 1 Tbl season salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp rosemary
  • 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
  • 3 - 3 1/2 lb roasting chicken, washed and patted dry
Mix the salt, rosemary and thyme together and rub over the surface of chicken. Rub it in good! Place chicken on a rack over a pan and roast @ 375 degrees for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until done (juices run clear). Let rest for a few minutes and then serve. Feeds 4.

Cost:
whole chicken - $4.48
seasonings =- $1.00
Total - $5.48

3 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Jennifer said...

Thank you!! I would be honored to be included in your cookbook. Let meknow what you need from me.

♥ Kathy said...

Yay!! Thank you sweetie! Just send me your email (mine is on my profile) and I'll send you the questions!

Holly said...

I make roasted chicken all the time...I am trying very hard to cut the junk out and make most things from scratch...I am following this blog..I love it. Thanks for stopping by 504 Main.
Holly

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...