Tuna Caesar salad for one

Thursday, March 4, 2010

This makes a great lunch or light dinner. I got this recipe off the back of a tuna pouch. It says it serves one but it's actually a pretty big portion to me so I had it serve two :)

What you'll need:
  • 1 (2.6 oz) pouch of tuna
  • 2 Tbl grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 c (small handful) croutons
  • 2 c torn Romaine lettuce
  • 1 oz (1/8 c) Caesar dressing
Toss lettuce and tuna together. Add dressing and toss lightly. Top with croutons and sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.


Cost:
tuna - $0.93
parmesan cheese - $2.88
croutons - $0.98
lettuce - $1.98
salad dressing - $1.50
Total - $2.54

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...