Blender French dressing

Friday, April 2, 2010

I like making my own salad dressings. This one is super easy thanks to a blender!

What you'll need:
  • 1 c sugar
  • 1 Tbl paprika
  • 2 tsp dry mustard
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2/3 c white vinegar
  • juice of 3 lemons
  • 3 c mayonnaise
  • pepper to taste
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
Combine all ingredients in blender and blend on high speed until well combined. Chill for at least an hour before using. Keep refrigerated. Makes about 5 cups of dressing.

Cost:
sugar - $2.42
mustard - $0.79
vinegar (small) - $0.92
lemons - $1.99/4
mayonnaise - $3.12
garlic clove – $0.50/1 head 
Total - $5.57

2 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Mary said...

This is a great recipe for the active folder. It's so important to have these on hand. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Chris said...

I have bookmarked this to try. I've been nailing vinaigrettes this year. I need to make french and russian dressings now too.

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...