Ginger tea

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I adore hot tea. Almost as much as I love my coffee, which if you know me then you know I drink coffee from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. Nothing beats a cup of hot tea when the weather is dreary or I'm not feeling well or I just want something different from my usual cup o' joe.

What you'll need:
  • 1 - 2 tea bags
  • 1 tsp ground fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp ground dried ginger
  • 1 medium lemon
  • Honey
Bring a teapot (or medium saucepan if you don't have a teapot) of water to a boil. Remove from heat. Add tea bags (1 for weaker tea, 2 for stronger) and ginger and allow to steep, covered, for 20 minutes. Add the juice from the lemon and pour into individual cups. Sweeten with honey as desired.

Cost:
tea bags - $1.44
ground ginger - $3.26
lemons - $1.99/4
Total - $1.04

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...