Quick chicken liver pate

Friday, April 9, 2010

Liver is another food that I think you either love or hate. I love it and could eat all kinds of liver often! I actually ate liver almost every day when I was pregnant with each of my children. I craved it. Crazy I know. This is a simple and delicious recipe.

What you'll need:
  • 1/2 lb chicken livers
  • Enough chicken broth to cover livers (about 2 cups)
  • 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 1/2 c chopped onion
  • 2 Tbl butter
  • Salt & pepper to taste
Place livers in a saucepan and cover with chicken broth. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and simmer until done, about 8 - 10 minutes. Drain but reserve the broth. Brown the onion lightly in the butter. Put livers, onion with butter, eggs and salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is "pasty". Add reserved broth 1 Tbl at a time, pulsing after each addition until pate is the consistency you desire. For a little extra flavor add a pinch of curry powder. Makes about 1 1/2 cups pate. Serve at room temperature with an assortment of crackers and/or bread. Refrigerate any leftovers.

Cost:
chicken livers - $1.56
chicken broth - $2.29
eggs (18 count) -$1.47
onions (3 lbs) - $0.99
Total - $2.59

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...