Sun-dried tomato crusted turkey breasts

Monday, April 5, 2010

Mary @ One Perfect Bite posted a recipe for Red Pesto Sauce + Home-Style Sun-Dried Tomatoes (which looks so delicious! You can click on the name of her blog to see her recipe) and that made me think of this recipe. I told her there that I needed to find it because of her and I dug through my recipes for about two hours, had just about given up, and then ta da! there it was! So now you get it :)

What you'll need:
  • 2 turkey breasts, washed OR 4 chicken breasts, washed
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 c dried bread crumbs
  • 1/2 c oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
  • 2 large or 4 small garlic cloves, peeled
  • small amount of olive oil
Preheat oven to 375°. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Lightly salt and pepper the breasts and place skin side down in pan and cook until skin is browned and crispy. Meanwhile, place remaining salt & pepper, bread crumbs, tomatoes and garlic in a food processor and pulse until well combined and tomatoes and garlic are broken up into bits. Place breasts skin side up on a baking sheet and cover with tomato/bread crumb mixture. Press down to make it stick to the breasts. Bake until juices run clear, 30 - 40 minutes. Feeds 4.

Cost:
turkey breast - $5.26
bread crumbs - $1.89
tomatoes - $2.29
garlic - 50¢/head
Total - $8.24

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...