Super simple egg salad

Monday, April 26, 2010

You know, sometimes the simplest recipes can make the best lunch. Today I got a craving for egg salad and as I was eating it I thought that maybe some people don't know how easy it is to make (or how delicious it is to eat!).

What you'll need:
  • 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
  • 2 Tbl mayonnaise or for a little extra flavor use 2 Tbl Miracle Whip® instead
  • A squirt of yellow mustard (for you measurers that's less than 1/8 tsp)
  • Salt & pepper to taste
Mash the eggs with a fork. Stir in remaining ingredients. Tim eats his on bread with a little lettuce; I eat mine straight out of the bowl. Feeds 2.

Cost:
eggs (18 count) -$1.47
mayonnaise - $3.12
mustard - $0.79
Total - 67¢

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...