No bake cheesecake

Saturday, May 22, 2010


Hi guys! I've decided to make enough time in my schedule to post here once a week so be sure to visit on Saturday's for great recipes!

Today's recipe is absolutely the. best. cheesecake. I've ever eaten! I promise you'll love it and it's really simple to make!

What you'll need:
  • 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1 (8 oz) container whipped topping like Cool Whip® (I used the generic brand though...I just wanted you to be clear on what type of whipped topping I meant)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 c crushed graham crackers (I used honey graham crackers)
  • 1 (9") prepared graham cracker crust or you can make your own like I did. If you make your own you will need 1 sleeve graham crackers (again, I used the honey graham crackers), 1/2 c butter and 1/3 cup sugar
Set the whipped topping out to thaw and allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature. 

If you are making your own crust:

In a food processor grind graham crackers. Add sugar and butter and mix until it is well combined. Spread into the bottom of a 9" round pan and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. I let mine sit in the refrigerator while my whipped topping was thawing and cream cheese was softening.

Beat softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until very creamy. This takes about 10 minutes on high speed to get it smooth and creamy enough. Fold in whipped topping. Spread onto crust. Sprinkle 1/2 c crushed graham crackers over the top and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving. 

You could alternately top this with chocolate chips, chocolate syrup or butterscotch chips or even crushed candy bars (like a Heath® bar) instead of the crushed graham crackers. Just play around. I know you'll love this. It is so good that this is what it looked like just one hour after I served it...


And there was only two of us eating it LOL

Here's a side view so you can see how fluffy this cheesecake is...possibly...it's a little blurry...sorry.

 
Cost:
cream cheese - $1.56
sugar (large) - $4.72
whipped topping - 88¢
vanilla (2 oz) - $1.96
graham crackers - $1.28
butter - $2.28
Total - $4.73

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...