What you'll need:
- 1 box (1 lb 6.5 oz) Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 container (1 lb) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
Make and bake brownies as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Frost brownies with frosting. Sprinkle with peanuts; refrigerate while making cereal mixture.
Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside. In 1-quart saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated. Spread over frosted brownies. Cool completely before cutting, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Cost:brownie mix - $1.89
eggs & oil - 75¢
frosting - $1.25
peanuts - $1.76
cereal - $2.12
peanut butter - $1.12
chocolate chips - $1.97
Total - $6.36
Did You Know?
This recipe is just part of the grand-prize winning entry of the Trinity Lutheran Church Women of Birchwood, Wisconsin, in Betty Crocker's 1999 national Bake Sales Competition for nonprofit organizations that hold bake sales as a means of raising money.