Father's Day Tie Cakes

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy Tuesday y'all! I received an email last night from a college student named Matt who LOVES ties. He loves them so much that he has a blog called Tiepedia that is all about, you guessed it, ties! It's actually a pretty cute site. I happen to be a tie lover (I'm not lying, I do love them!). He asked me if I would share his post with y'all today and since I found it so neat, I decided that I would. I don't have a recipe to go with his post but if you have any kind of talent in cake decorating I'm sure you could design a "tie cake" yourself. Thanks Matt for the post today! Readers, you can click here to visit Matt too. On with HIS post...


Not Your Ordinary Father's Day Ties

Monday, 31 May 2010

It may surprise some of you to hear what I am about to say, but it must be said. Not all guys want a tie on Father's Day. GASP! I know, I know, it sounds crazy... and I certainly am not one of those guys, but apparently it's true.

Listen to what Joseph Hurtado has to say, "there are only two types of men: those who hate ties, and those who grudgingly accept them as part of the job."

Blasphemy as far as I am concerned, but if you're Mrs. Hurtado you may want to think twice about getting Joseph a tie for Father's Day. How about baking him a delicious necktie cake instead? I don't think many men could resist that. Here are some sweet examples for you to consider!




tiecake1



tiecake2



tiecake3



tiecake4



tiecake5



tiecake6



tiecake7



tiecake8



tiecake9



tiecake10



tiecake11



tiecake12



tiecake13



tiecake14



Note: I found all of these pictures on flickr. If you are the creator of any of these cakes and are offended by your work being appreciated here, please let me know :)

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...