Zuchinni Ribbons & Corn Pone Pie

Saturday, July 17, 2010

I received two recipes the other day from one of my loyal readers and I wanted to share them with you today.

Zucchini Ribbons

We have had an overabundance of really really large zuchinni this season. I developed this recipe from one of my favorite restaurants.

1 large zucchini (free from garden!)
1/4 c butter (.50)
salt
pepper

Heat cast iron skillet on stove. Melt butter. Take vegetable peeler and peel zucchini. Peel until you get to the seeded part. Put ribbons in skillet and cook til crisp. Add salt and pepper to taste. 

Corn Pone Pie

This is a family favorite that is cheap and quick to make. I make it in the cast iron skillet so it turns out to be a one skillet meal.

1 pound hamburger meat (2.50)
1 can ranch style beans, drained (.89)
1 can Rotel (.79)
1 package cornbread mix (.50)
1 egg (to make cornbread)
2/3 c milk (to make cornbread)

Heat oven according to cornbread package directions. Meanwhile in oven safe skillet brown hamburger meat. Drain grease. Stir in beans and Rotel. ( you can add garlic and onion if you want) Mix cornbread-follow package directions. Dollop cornbread on top of meat mixture on skillet and bake until cornbread is done. 

Submitted by Laurie Holcombe

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...