I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!! {Product Review}

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I told y'all that CSN Stores was allowing me to do another review of one of their great products and what could be better on these hot summer days then fresh made ice cream? Yep, I got to review an ice cream maker! 

I chose the Deni Automatic Ice Cream Maker in Lime. I don't know about you but I just love green :)

If you're not such a fan of green then you could get one in Blueberry, Clear, Raspberry or Platinum. The green is very pretty though... (You should love green as much as I do!) 

We decided to make Snickers® ice cream and let me tell you, it was so delicious! You need to freeze the canister at least 8 hours before use. We've decided to just keep our canister in the freezer all the time so that we can make ice cream or frozen yogurt whenever the urge strikes us :)

Here's the recipe we used:

What you'll need:
  • 2 large eggs or 4 oz egg substitute (we used regular eggs)
  • 1 c sugar
  • 1 c half and half or milk (we used milk)
  • 2 c heavy cream
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 6 or 7 "bite sized" Snickers® candy bars, frozen and chopped into about 1" pieces
Combine eggs, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan. Add cream and half and half (or milk) and mix well. Heat through. 


Pour into a freezer safe bowl and place in freezer until very cold (the colder your mixture is, the firmer it will freeze in the ice cream maker).

Take the canister out of the freezer and place on motor base. (Note: The canister should be used immediately after removal from freezer because it will begin to thaw once placed in room temperature.)



That's my son...he was excited to have ice cream :)


Place the paddle inside the canister, lock the lid into place and turn the machine on. Slowly pour the mixture in the top opening of the lid. Place the cover on machine and let it run for 5 - 30 minutes, until the mixture is the consistency you desire. Ours ran right at 30 minutes.


About 5 minutes before it's done, place candy pieces in the candy crusher and turn the crank to add candy to the ice cream.



That's my daughter adding the candy pieces :)


Then put the ice cream into bowls and enjoy it! Oh, don't use any metal utensils (like a metal spoon) to remove the ice cream because that can damage your machine. Use plastic!



It was so delicious we almost made a second batch! I can't think of anything better in the summertime!


Want one? I know you do! You can buy your own Deni Automatic Ice Cream Maker (in any color you want even though I still say get green!) for $49.99 by clicking here. It's totally worth the money I promise!

For you twitter-holics, follow CSN Stores by clicking here and for you Facebook lovers, become a fan of CSN Stores by clicking here

Writing this is making me have one of those urges....I'm thinking about using some of those fresh cherries I have in my fridge to make some more ice cream! See y'all tomorrow!

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...