Mint chocolate chip ice cream

Monday, September 27, 2010


I made this ice cream last night and it is WONDERFUL! We almost ate all of it in one sitting.

What you'll need:
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 c sugar
  • 1 c milk
  • 2 c heavy cream
  • 1 tsp peppermint extract
  • About 1/2 c chocolate chips
  • 4 - 5 drops green food coloring
In a saucepan, mix together eggs and sugar. Stir in milk and then heavy cream. Add peppermint extract. Add food coloring, 1 drop at a time, stirring after each addition until desired color is reached. I used 5 drops. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until the mixture is heated through. Remove from heat and place in refrigerator or freezer until mixture is chilled thoroughly. 

Pour into ice cream machine and let run about 30 minutes. Halfway through the churning process, add the chocolate chips. I have an attachment to my ice cream maker that grinds candy for me but if you don't have that then just roughly chop the chips or you can use a chocolate bar that has been chopped. 

So far this is our favorite ice cream that we've made!

Cost:
eggs (18 count) -$1.47
sugar - $1.99/4 lb bag
milk - $1.78/gallon
chocolate chips - $1.97
cream – $1.12 
Total - $2.04

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...