Nut clusters

Friday, September 17, 2010


Hey guys! I made these nut clusters today and let me tell you, they are sooooo yummy!! And super simple to make too :)

What you'll need:
  • 2 c chocolate chips, divided (it's up to you if they're semi-sweet, milk, white or dark...they are all delicious! I used semi-sweet.)
  • 2 Tbl vegetable oil, divided
  • 2 tsp vanilla, divided
  • 2 c nuts, divided (I used peanuts and cashews)
First, let me explain the divided...


I made one batch of peanut clusters and one batch of cashew clusters and that's why I divided everything. If you are using just one kind of nut (and ANY kind of nut is good this way, just make sure they aren't enormous pieces), you can either divide the recipe in half or make a big batch of clusters. Back to the recipe :)


Place 1 cup of chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for one minute. Remove from microwave and stir until all the chips are melted and smooth. Immediately stir in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and then 1 teaspoon vanilla. Work fast because the chocolate starts to firm back up pretty quickly. Stir in nuts, coating them well. Using a spoon, place a "blob" onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet. When all the clusters are made, place cookie sheet in freezer for about 5 minutes or until clusters are set up. Remove from cookie sheet and place in an airtight container. Keep refrigerated. Makes about 25 clusters depending on how large you make them.

Cost:
chocolate chips - $2.18/bag 
vegetable oil - $2.89/bottle
vanilla - $1.98/2 oz bottle
nuts - $1.89 - 3.50/lb
Total - $4.54

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...