Creepy ice additions

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'd thought I'd share with you some simple ideas to "spook" up your Halloween punch. These are all simple, inexpensive & ghoulish to look at :)






Add some disembodied hands to your punch for added creepiness & coldness. Simply fill clean (if they are powdered gloves, wash thoroughly before use) latex disposable gloves with water, tie or rubberband the ends close and freeze until firm. You can either cut the glove off the ice or BRIEFLY run under warm water to loosen the glove & slip it off.

~~~~

Add some gummy worms to your ice trays, fill with water & freeze until firm. Add to individual glasses for some creepy crawly fun.

~~~~


Fill a candy mold (like this great one from Amazon that will only cost you $2.29!)  with water and freeze. Add frozen monsters to individual cups.

~~~~


For a neat treat mix together 1 package orange flavored Kool-Aid™ mix & 1 package grape flavored Kool-Aid™ mix, 2 cups of sugar & 3 quarts of water. Use instead of water to freeze black colored ices. Or add 1 liter of ginger ale to the above & make 1 gallon of black punch.

1 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Doris Sturm said...

I love the frozen hands in the punch idea...too bad I'm alone and don't have Halloween parties anymore. I miss having kids (or just young people) around.

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...