Pico de Gallo

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Photobucket


I say it and say it and say it...everything is better when you make it yourself. I think you'll just love this simple recipe.

What you'll need:
  • 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded & finely diced
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 2 Tbl lime juice
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c chopped fresh cilantro
Mix all ingredients together, cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips, tacos, enchiladas or anything else that you want! Makes around 2 cups.

Cost:
tomatoes - $2.25/lb
jalapeno - $1.00
onion - 99¢/3 lb bag
cilantro - $1.29/bunch
Total - $3.48 

0 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

Post a Comment

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...