We have sandwich night at least twice a month; once on grocery shopping day and at least once when I'm feeling tired (or lazy lol) and don't want to stand over the stove. We tried this recipe from Betty Crocker® and instantly fell in love with it!
What you'll need:
- 1 round focaccia bread (8 or 9 inches in diameter)
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 4 to 5 leaves leaf lettuce
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound sliced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 pound sliced salami
- 8 pepperoncini peppers (bottled Italian peppers), drained and cut lengthwise in half
Make the Most of This Recipe
You can use an unsliced 8- or 10-inch round loaf of Italian or sourdough bread instead of the focaccia. If you don’t have pepperoncini peppers, use sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion or bell pepper rings.
You can make this hero up to 6 hours ahead; just wrap it (uncut) securely with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Cost:bread - $2.49/loaf
Italian dressing - $1.89/bottle
lettuce - $1.98/head
provolone cheese - $2.59/lb
ham - $2.12/lb
salami - $3.69/lb
peppers - $2.12/jarTotal - $6.71