Iron Chef, Blogland Style!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

This month The Foodie BlogRoll and Marx Foods are joining forces to bring us...drum roll please....IRON FOODIE 2010!




Sounds exciting doesn't it? No? Then why are you here?? If you're here then you are supposed to love food & cooking as much as I do! Or at least one or the other. You love one or the other right?

OK then, let's try this again...

So, sounds exciting doesn't it? Yay! I knew you'd agree with me!

Here's what you have to do:

1. Write a blog post about the contest √
2. Answer the 5 questions they give you (I'll be doing that here in a second.)
3. Place the contest badge on your blog √
4. Leave a comment on the contest page with a link to your post (That's next!)
and
5. Hope, hope, hope and hope some more that you are one of the 25 people chosen to participate!

THE Questions:

1. Why do you want to compete in this challenge?

    I would LOVE to compete in this challenge because the kitchen is my favorite place to be. I totally love experimenting and trying new foods & then showing them off to people so they can know how much I rock the kitchen!

    2. Limitations of time/space notwithstanding, whose kitchen would you like to spend the day in & why? Julia Child, Thomas Keller, Ferran Adria, James Beard, Marie-Antoine Careme, or The Swedish Chef?



    I would have to choose Julia because she reminds me of my grandma and my grandma was my favorite person to be with in the kitchen.

    3. What morsel are you most likely to swipe from family & friends’ plates when they aren’t looking?


    It's a tie between steak and anything chocolate. I adore both. I would definitely steal anything from their plates that I could get my hands on though. Everything tastes better on a different plate.

    4. Sum your childhood up in one meal.


    Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Corn and Bread



    Wait...


    Macaroni & Cheese


    Wait...


    The Dollar Menu


    Well, at least I eat good now!

    5. The one mainstream food you can’t stand?

    I can not stand Brussels Sprouts. Can. Not. Stand. Them. They smell like feet to me. Plus my mom forced me to eat them as a kid so now I have a mental block about them.  I didn't eat them by the way. I fed them to our dog under the table. He didn't like them either so I ended up picking them up with my toes and hiding them in my napkin. Heeey, maybe that's why they smell like feet!    

      1 of my favorite chefs had this to say....:

      Chris said...

      I just did a Marx Food challenge, so I'm out of this one, but I can tell you that they have some very eclectic and exciting ingredients to offer!

      Post a Comment

      If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy! C'mon into the kitchen with me... Let's do some Happy Cooking!

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...