This month The Foodie BlogRoll and Marx Foods are joining forces to bring us...drum roll please....IRON FOODIE 2010!
Sounds exciting doesn't it? No? Then why are you here?? If you're here then you are supposed to love food & cooking as much as I do! Or at least one or the other. You love one or the other right?
OK then, let's try this again...
So, sounds exciting doesn't it? Yay! I knew you'd agree with me!
Here's what you have to do:
1. Write a blog post about the contest √
2. Answer the 5 questions they give you (I'll be doing that here in a second.)
3. Place the contest badge on your blog √
4. Leave a comment on the contest page with a link to your post (That's next!)
5. Hope, hope, hope and hope some more that you are one of the 25 people chosen to participate!
1. Why do you want to compete in this challenge?
2. Limitations of time/space notwithstanding, whose kitchen would you like to spend the day in & why? Julia Child, Thomas Keller, Ferran Adria, James Beard, Marie-Antoine Careme, or The Swedish Chef?
I would have to choose Julia because she reminds me of my grandma and my grandma was my favorite person to be with in the kitchen.
3. What morsel are you most likely to swipe from family & friends’ plates when they aren’t looking?
It's a tie between steak and anything chocolate. I adore both. I would definitely steal anything from their plates that I could get my hands on though. Everything tastes better on a different plate.
4. Sum your childhood up in one meal.
Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Corn and Bread
Macaroni & Cheese
The Dollar Menu
Well, at least I eat good now!
5. The one mainstream food you can’t stand?
I can not stand Brussels Sprouts. Can. Not. Stand. Them. They smell like feet to me. Plus my mom forced me to eat them as a kid so now I have a mental block about them. I didn't eat them by the way. I fed them to our dog under the table. He didn't like them either so I ended up picking them up with my toes and hiding them in my napkin. Heeey, maybe that's why they smell like feet!